Sunday, March 17, 2013

Sunday, March 15, 2013




On Thursday night of last week a group of ladies had girls night out.  Once a month (sometimes twice), five or six of us get together and have a game night.  Top photo is "Mexican Train", we usually start with this game, for it takes the longest.  Bottom photo is a card game called "Sixes"  we (just for the fun of it) play with extra large cards. Then we play "Phase 10", and another card game called "31" we finish the night off with "Poker"  We play nothing serious, so if a mistake is made, we help each other.  We break for a meal (depending on when we start) and then we are back at it.  These are   the nicest ladies and group of friends one can have..



I made the above hat yesterday.  It was my first attempt making a hat (lol).  It actually turned out very good.  A request was made at our last quilt guild meeting for hats to be given to patients who have lost their hair.  SOoooooo I decided to give it a try.  I hope I can make a 1/2 doz to turn into our next meeting in April.

I hope the Luck of the Irish will be with you all today. 
Back with you within the week.

3 comments:

  1. Luck to you too! Hat looks really good. I like the star band addition too. I love that Mexican Train game. Wish I could have joined in on the fun. San

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Betty! Love your blog, have added to my favorites. The hat turned out great- I know someone will be glad to have it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun night. Love the hat, what a great job!!!

    ReplyDelete