Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Tuesday, March 26, 2013


This is why I didn't get on the scale this morning.  After a large Church Seafood Dinner this past Sunday.

Our Church has two dinners that we plan for the whole community, we have one in the spring and one in the fall.  We had our spring dinner this past Sunday and we were so busy, I really don't know where everyone came from.  This dinner is advertised as a Seafood dinner.  We served, steamed shrimp, crab balls, oysters, chicken, boiled potatoes, string beans, rolls and jello.  The hours of the dinner is 12:00 to 4:00.  Well, we had such a long line of people that we opened up early 11:00 and we were sold out of food by 2:30.
We also have a craft table, religious items table, raffle and our ever popular bake table.  Helen and I co-chair the bake table with donations from the Parish and friends. Both Helen and myself out did ourselves baking items.  We set a new record in sales this year, it is unbelievable the amount we collected.  I want to thank everyone who donated and baked "goodies"  the bake table was a true success.  The photo below is my donation to the table.



I want to thank my daughter, Karen for all the hard and tiring work that she did for us (oh, those young legs).  She drove down from Fairfax Va. to help us, Thanks again, Karen

1 comment:

  1. You made me giggle! I know how much you enjoy this time of year...baking like crazy! I sure hope there is lots of recognition brought to you not only for the coordination, but the tasty goodies you know all to well how to create. Great job! San

    ReplyDelete