Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Wednesday, May 30, 2018


Today I'm on my way back to the East Coast.  I'll be spending a few days with my daughter Karen before finally making my way home.  The nearly three weeks spent with Sandra just flew by.  We did all kinds of sewing.  I'm so happy to have a bunch of UFOs cleared out of my sewing stack!  Sandra finds ways to finish tops and her stash keeps me out of my purse while making room for her to store new treasures.  Here's what I left for Kerry to quilt and one project for Sandra to finish (I did get it half the way assembled). 

There were not one or two but five table runners.  The first one was going to be the green with gold print, notice the folded over corner.  When the back of the fabric showed itself next to the pieced top there was a change.  The solid green became the "right side" to use.  Wonder what the binding will end up on this one.  All have a bit of the back fabric left that can be used for binding.

Table runner one


Table runner two


Table runner three


Table runner four


Table runner five in work


The next two quilts are for one of the charities I support.  The nurse project started from a panel.  The nurses, both male and female are done so well.  A little bit of black and white polka dot works well anywhere.



Lastly the largest of my projects is a gift for a family member.  Of course I can't reveal it quite yet...soon.

 I'm already thinking of what UFOs can be dug out of my sewing room for next year!  Have a bright and beautiful day.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that is a wonderful selection of runners, and the secret that has been started??? A long way to travel, then what joy to be with family, to get so much sewing, and have fun together.

    ReplyDelete