Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Tuesday, August 5, 2014


Who would believe that it is August already?  When I was young, the time for weekends would drag by so slowly to go to parties, movies, etc.  Now I blink my eyes and the weekend is here.



I finished the "Zipper Quilt" ( pattern by Janet Dolan, Missouri Star Quilt Co).  I like the way it turned out. I am thinking of making one out of blues.  This quilt, when quilted will be given to the hospice house in my area.  It was made with love and hugs to comfort a patient.




The top photo in blue is a iron caddy that I made while in San Diego and I just finished up the red one.
This is a great pattern,  When the Caddy is buttoned up it is very compact.  When you release the elastic on both side is opens up to a small ironing pad. This is ideal for taking and bringing home your iron to classes and retreats.  I am sure I will be making more before Christmas. 
I will see what my quilting buddies think of this project when I go to my quilt guild on Wednesday.
Wishing you all a great day and hope you find time to make the sewing machine purr.

2 comments:

  1. Like the way the Zipper quilt finished. Go for the color you've got most in your fabric stash...the design is perfect for using a large variety of prints in a particular color family. I like the red iron caddy. Looks like you used a smaller loft or less layers of batting for it. Did it sew up better? My machine is purring =^.^= San

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your reply. I really like how it turned out. For sure I will make another one only in blues.

      Delete