Monday, June 9, 2014

Monday June 9, 2014


Welcome to the land of the sun!  I arrived on Thursday, exhausted after a  long  flight.  It was a welcome sight to be hugged by my lovely daughter Sandra.
We have been busy with setting up sewing projects.  I am a very slow sewer and Sandra is almost finished with hers.  Needless to say, she sews circles around me. 

Had a weekend free of cooking, Tim (SIL) took us out for our meals,  This city is loaded with restaurants, it amazes me how many choices and places to eat.  



On Friday, I saw my first viewing of a Road Runner.  Often heard of them but never saw one.  They are much larger than I expected.  The bird is very attentive and walks very proudly.  Sandra and I even got a front row seat to see him pick up a snail and crack the shell and then eat it.  Very interesting.

Looking forward to Tuesday evening when Sandra reveals her part of the Whisper Challenge at her quilt guild.  I have never seen this challenge and it will be interesting to see how this works.  I hope to take photos then show them all on my blog.  (if I remember to take photos, lol)  

Until the next, have a happy, healthy and safe week.  

1 comment:

  1. Whisper Challenge complete. I'll post some photos soon on my kwiltnkats.blogspot.com. That Road Runner had us hopping between windows for a good long while. Definitely enjoyed his breakfast of snails. Always excited to have you here...stay longer!

    ReplyDelete