Thursday, March 20, 2014

Thursday March 20, 2014

Went to join my quilting friends at a retreat yesterday.  Had a great time.  Our quilt guild has so many talented quilters.  Members were making a large variety of items.  Pillow cases, jewelry, table runners, baby quilts, beautiful hand applique quilts and so much more.   Friend just returned from a visit in Florida and brought me a nice tote bag, I sure have plenty to stuff in the bag.

I was able to teach a class on making the cutest little drawstring pouch, made from two fat quarters, and 1 3/4 yards of cording used for draw strings.  Seems like everyone was excited to make them.  I will sometime in the future send a photo, but right now my ability to upload photos has a problem.
Our luncheon was pot luck and yummy, yummy, everything was so delicious.  We went back to sewing and gabbing until 4:00.  Great day, great friends.


Hope your week end will be with needle and thread.   Betty

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful time, sewing with friends. Not to mention all the interesting projects everyone was working on. I hear you are pretty good at bag making... I'll bet you all rolled out of there after the pot luck. Needle and thread await me at home once this work day is done. TGIF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to see you back to posting! LOVE the drawstring bags that you were teaching, as I was lucky enough to receive one! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete