Sunday, September 3, 2023

Sunday, September 3, 2023

 

Hello Friends!  It has been a few months since I last shared my sewing projects.  I am further into using up my stash with charity pillow case projects.  Perhaps I have not mentioned before that these go to the Childrens Hospital located in Washington, D.C.  What you see are just the last group finished.  

At this point I have made 31 pillow cases and love doing them.  I can practically do them with my eyes closed :).  

While Sandra was here we shopped for a few fabrics during Hobby Lobby's 40% off fabric week.  There are new ones yet to be made.  I am sure by the next time you read about my sewing there will be more to share.
Taking a break from pillow case making is this charity quilt project from a panel.  Sandra put the layout together with some very cryptic instructions.  The post-it notes started to come off and I was quite lost.  She put it up on the design wall and now I am ready to tackle it.  There were three panels and this one is the one with the green borders around the flowers.  I have already made the blue borders panel project and have a red one yet to tackle.
My last post showed this block in progress.  More units are cut to make several more that will go to the local Quilts of Valor organization.  Got to love the Patriotic symbolism and celebrate the heros that are our veterans.

DH and I have had a spectular time these last few weeks with first, Mike and Barbara visiting for nearly a week.  Arriving the same day a big surprise came Karen, Tiffany, Matt, and Greyson with a visit for the day.  We all had a fun filled afternoon in the pool making lots of memories that we will cherish.  Karen brought Sandra down a week later just missing Mike and Barbara.  Sandra stayed a week and Karen bless her has spent at least a day or more with us each of the last three weeks.  Karen and Sandra leave tomorrow and Sandra leaves for her trip home the next day.  All this surrounds DH and my Birthdays along with our 70th anniversary.

So I close for now until the next time Sandra visits and has me around to navigate Blogger!  Take care my friends and have a blessed day.



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful job on the pillowcases, Betty. Very nicely coordinated fabris.
    Great use of the panels with the flowers. When I use post-it-notes to mark parts of quilts, I usually have to pin them in place, which seems to defeat the whole point of using post-it notes. Go figure. LOL
    Good to hear from you! So glad you have had lots of visits from loved ones to celebrate your special days.

    ReplyDelete