Sunday, April 30, 2023

Sunday, April 30, 2023

Sandra is back and surprise of all surprise...she has me with a new blog post chronicling all the recent projects I have accomplished from kits she put together for me during her last visit.  Yes, I did have my sewing room in order!  This project is my most recent finish called Scattered Leaves.  I started with cut strips for the log cabin part of the block as Sandra had made the leaves needed for the block.  I am using up all my stash and the border came from it.  I have the back using this same fabric along with the binding.  Here it comes Sherry.

This Orphan Block quilt brought back memories as it was stitched together.  Sandra put the setting pieces together for the project.  To perfect the quilts I stitch, a practice block is made first.  This is how I end up with a stash of orphans.  The horse in this project is probably the oldest.  The two Sunbonnet Sue blocks come next and the butterfly along with the others.  We did have a place left so the pink block was made to fill in the spot.  How do you like the border?  Karen calls it as an Easter fabric.  It works and all from my stash.  Another to Sherry once a back and batting is ready.  I also have the binding to prepare.  Dale there may be one ready for you in the coming days.
This is the Quilters By The Bay BOM that will be turned in at the May meeting.  I was going for the "boys" in the fabric choice.
This one gave me fits!  It was from Quilters By The Bay February BOM.  I finally have it together with a bit of help from Sandra.  I will get it into the winners hand at the next meeting.

Sandra set these up for me from a childs cloth story book.  I just got it back from Dale who did the binding and before that Sherry who did the quilting.  It is so darn cute.  Hard to imagine the blocks came from a story book.

Here is another just back from Dale and Sherry.  These girls sure help me complete all the scrappy charity quilts that come from my stash.  Check out the cute cat border.


These are my favorites to sew.  Joan wonders why I am not taking on any of her kits that she passes out at the Quilters By The Bay meetings since she knows how much I took them before Sandra started cutting up my stash.  The hardest part is finding kid themed fabrics 24" in length and WOF in my stash.  Sandra keeps my pillow case kits coming and coming.  I still have lots more to sew in my bottomless project drawer.

I am anxious to get all these projects to the various charities they will go to.  It is great having my two daughers visit.  Karen came last weekend with Sandra.  Work needed Karen during the week so she only stayed over the weekend.  Sandra stayed a week and of course there was quilting involved along with time spent with her Dad doing various things.  Karen is back this weekend that she has extended by two days.  We will be doing puzzles, bingo, and perhaps a new game called Spinner.  As I have said many times life is good when family visits.  Hope all is well with everyone and my prayers to those struggling with issues.  Get some time for yourself and do what you love.

2 comments:

  1. Wow Betty, you have been busy. Great job on all the charity quilts and a nice way to use up all the stash. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to catch up with you, and all you have accomplished with the help of Sandra and your quilter and binder.
    I really like that star block that gave you fits. :)
    And making a children's quilt from a cloth book is something I have never heard of doing, but so clever.
    I like the striking boldness of the black and orange quilt. And what a lot of fun pillowcases you have made. My stash must be like yours--I don't have the right sizes of children's fabrics to make pillowcases, either. I usually have to go shopping when I need to make any.
    Hope you will keep us posted on your future projects!

    ReplyDelete